Monday, March 30, 2009

The Phantom Menace


This illo was done for a Phantom trading card back in the nineties. The Phantom was never something I 'grew up with' so he doesn't hold the same nostalgic charm for me as other comic book characters from my childhood. Still, he's practically a national icon so it was fun making my contribution to the whole thing.

With all the corporate failures around at the moment, I think it's important to recognise the tell-tale signs that it could be your company next.

You know the end is nigh for your company when...

A rock star becomes a member of the board.

A new company strategy is to put someone in a chicken suit and accost members of the general public to engage the services of your company.

and finally...

The fellow previously referred to as 'one of the pillars' of the company decides it's time to leave and start a milk run.

No comments: