Thursday, December 18, 2008

Little Nasties

These nasty little beasties were created for a commercial a while back for Amalgamated Pest Control.

I don't have the actual ad here, but I do have a short video that was done for their annual conference. I designed them in Photoshop and then modelled and textured the critters in Maya. Grant Harding rigged and animated (as well as helped with some of the modelling, I think) all of them with the exception of the first two clips. I animated the rat in the first two.

I really think you can tell. Grant is a professional character animator and his skill can be easily seen in the subtleties he gets in the last two rat animations. I've never claimed to be a 'character animator', although it is something that continues to entice and challenge me.

I must say I am particularly fond of the rat....










Amalgamated Pest Control from Pete Mullins on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Ssearch said...

They're all very cute..